Sunday, March 04, 2012

'Tis the season for parties!

Not only do we love having parties at our house, this year we were so excited to show off all our awesome Christmas decorations. We had a family party, a friend party, and invited several neighbors over (each on different nights) for hot chocolate and dessert. The family party was a blast. Mandy-Marie, Troy, and Cory's families were all able to come as well as my family and Brad and Tiffany and their boys. I made delicious homemade hot chocolate, apple cider, and probably some other things I can't think ok. All our wonderful guests also brought something to eat so we had quite a yummy feast. Then we just played games and talked since that's the only thing I'm good at planning for a party. Oh well. It was still just so fun to all be together.
Emily, Ashley, Britney, Tiffany, Brad, and Taylor
Joel was so brave to be in the same room with the big boys because I think they were playing some form of dodge ball. Luckily they are old enough to realize they needed to be careful. Crandall, Tanner, and Dallin.
These cute girls stuffed a pillow in the window to avoid getting hit by the dodge ball game and were just chatting. Makayla, Marissa, and Katelyn
Of course Aiden showed the kids his favorite activity...creating slides, forts, and trampolines with the couch cushions! Derek, Trevor, Aiden, and Kyle with Tyson and Cory in the background.
As I've mentioned many times before Aiden ADORES his older cousins and thinks he's big enough to hang out with them all the time. Crandall, Tanner, Aiden, Dallin, and Katelyn
Troy, Joel, Steve, Crandall, Tanner, Aiden, Katelyn and Trevor, Tyson, and Lara in front.
We got Christmas carolers during the party and it was awesome. I'm sure they picked our house because it was the only one decorated on the whole street! :)
We were playing "Smurf". One person goes out of the room and everyone else chooses an action (combing hair, changing a lightbulb, skiing, etc). When the person comes back they have to try to guess by asking questions like "Is smurfing something kids can do?" or "Does smurfing involve a body part?" etc. It's super fun and hilarious to hear the questions! Tiffany, Brad, Paige, Nate, Steve, Mandy-Marie, Katelyn, and Lara
Flying Aiden jumping with Kyle. I still need a post dedicated to our new Mario room. Isn't it awesome? We love it!
I guess this is the only picture I got from the friends party. Lucy and Aiden were playing hide and seek and they  begged Mercedes to join them hiding under the end table so of course Cole wanted to join in. I was a little too slow to get him all the way under there with them.

1 comment: