One funny story that I want to remember is that on the way up (I was driving) we were just going a normal 70ish mph and all of a sudden I had to slam on the breaks and swerve to avoid a COUCH in the carpool lane! It was so so freaky because it was at a curvy part in the road plus it was super smoggy and hard to see far ahead anyway so it was like it appeared out of thin air! We were so lucky that there wasn't a car next to us because I swerved so fast I really didn't have time to look. Nate called 911 (since we didn't know the regular police number) and this was the half of the conversation we could hear:
Nate: Hi, this isn't really an emergency but I don't know the number for the police. Can you give it to me?
pause (she asked him what the problem was)
Nate: Well we're driving northbound on the freeway and...
pause
Nate: chuckling...Yeah that's right. I guess we're not the first call? Ok thanks bye.
So apparently we weren't the first ones to spot the couch because before he could even finish his sentence about where we were and what happened she interrupted and asked if it was the couch in the road and told him someone was on the way to take care of it. How random (and so scary) is that? My heart didn't stop pounding until we were nearly parked.
Once we found a spot and got all bundled up we braved the cold and had a wonderful time.
| Tyson, Aiden, and Gina |
| The whole group: Paige, Nate, Tyson, Aiden, and Gina |
| Love them! Paige and Nate |
| This is always one of my favorite spots for a picture since the lights go all the way to the ground and provide a perfect backdrop! |
| We took Aiden up to see the Cristus statue and I noticed the perfect reflection in the window as we were looking at the temple. It was awesome. The picture doesn't do it justice. |
| Gross. It was horribly smoggy driving up and even worse driving back. |
No comments:
Post a Comment