Anyway, last weekend Tyson and I took a spur of the moment trip down to Orem for the weekend so we could enjoy the great experience of going through the temple with Nathan for his first time. He has his mission call to Birmingham, Alabama Spanish speaking and will leave in a little under two months on May 20th. It makes me feel pretty old to think that my baby brother is going to be gone for so long and that he's even old enough to be going already! He looks very handsome in a missionary suit though!
All of Saturday was fun. We slept in of course then got up and got through a few loads of free laundry before going to the hospital to eat lunch with Daddy. Wendy was with us for this portion of the day which was great. It was also fun to show off my little baby bump to all the nurses who wanted to see Daddy's grandson at lunch. Even though it always makes my face go red, I love it! After lunch we hung out at home some more before getting ready and going to pick up Nathan and meet Daddy at the temple for dinner in their cafeteria. Of course on the way there the topic was temple stuff and I was quizzing Nathan on how excited he was versus how nervous he was. We were all very reassuring to him to not worry even though everyone does on their first time. I made a boo-boo though while we were in the parking lot. Mama asked Tyson to say a prayer before we went inside and we were all mentioning things he should remember in the prayer. I said "yeah and bless Nathan that he won't be nervous". I meant it as a nice thing to get rid of the tiny nervousness he had, but he whipped around from the front seat and gave me a panicked look that said "why do I need a blessing to not be nervous? Should I be nervous even though you told me not to?" I should have thought that's how my statement would sound to him! Oops.
The temple was wonderful like it always is, but this time it was even more special since I was there with Tyson, my parents, and Nathan for the first time. He did so good paying attention and I could tell he was really soaking it up. We had a wonderful long conversation in the celestial room and just enjoyed our time there together. It will be so amazing to be able to be there when Wendy goes through so our family is complete! Of course by then there might be one or two more temple going family members to add to the circle!A funny part of the day was during dinner when Tyson told us how weird it will be that in the snap of a finger he'll be saying to me "Nathan's going to the temple today to get married. Doesn't it seem like yesterday we came with him before his mission?" Then without any of us thinking he was going to pull something funny, he clapped his hands at some invisible person on the other side of the room and said, "Aedan get back over here! You need to stay here with Aunt Wendy for a while ok?" It was fun to imagine how different our lives are going to be in just a few short years down the road!
I love your family, and I'm happy that it's growing! I can't believe we're old enough for babies, adn Nath is old enough for a mission. Weird.
ReplyDelete