Sunday was Stake Conference and it was a live broadcast from Salt Lake City. Richard Hinckley was one of the speakers and he looks so much like his dad! I loved listening to him. Anyway, after conference, Tyson and I went with Mom and Dad to Uncle Orlo and Aunt Laurel's house for dinner. Aunt Kathie and Uncle Wayne were there too. I'll be honest, I was kinda nervous since I've probably never said more than just hi for any of them, but it was actually really fun! I didn't say much at dinner because it was mostly adult talk, but I was still able to get to know my new aunts and uncles better.
After dinner we went to Uncle Wayne's farm...pig farm. First we went in the house to see the newly remodeled kitchen and to help Aunt Kathie with some Wii and computer problems (since Tyson is the s
pecialist for all the "old" people) and then we went out to see the pigs. I was definitely warned about the smell but it was still....well EW!! Tyson even told me to put my creamy back into my wrapper so it wouldn't get nastiness on it. The pigs are right by the house (maybe only fifty yards away) and they are loud and smelly! I forgot to ask, but our guess what that he has anywhere between 500 and 1000 pigs at any given time in all different sizes. Aunt Kathie said the biggest ones get up to about 300 pounds. Wow. That would scare me getting in there with them. What if they crushed my legs!? Also, I learned something I never knew about pigs....they don't oink, they bark and growl...especially when they're fighting. Yeah really. It's a similar sound to the one sea lions make. Another thing I learned is to NEVER put pigs by the house. They put them on the side of the house that the wind was supposed to blow in the opposite direction, but Uncle Wayne said it comes around in a circle type thing right back to the house. There were a couple times that I got a nice big whiff and it was like my body was protecting itself because I automatically stopped breathing for a second or two. Wow...gotta love being a pig farmer I guess. I don't mind visiting for fun sometimes but I could never do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment