Like I said last post, I still have TONS to catch up on...clear from May. Dang. But again, I have a tiny story to share before I forget. Aiden's crib has now transitioned into a toddler bed (that wasn't super fun) which means he can climb in and out whenever he wants. We always close the door to his room while he's sleeping (and always have) so if I don't make it down to get him immediately after he wakes up, he finds ways to entertain himself. Sometimes they end up like this:
But the best times are when I walk in and find him like this:
 |
| Reading scriptures in the rocking chair...he was even softly reading out loud. |
How cute is that? So I hurried to snap a picture with my phone to send it to MDNWT for their daily picture. Then, as I was typing a note to go with it, Aiden decided he was done reading, hoped off the rocking chair, closed and put away the scriptures, then sat on the floor, folded his arms over his eyes and proceeded to pray: "Hefader...mamas....daties...amen!" then stood up and walked out of the room to play.
Needless to say, the love and pride and happy emotions literally BURST out of my chest and gave me goosebumps and teary eyes. It was just so sweet and made me so happy to know that he is picking up on the good little habits we are trying to teach him. Oh how I love this sweet little angel boy!
So so SO sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteAiden has always had a sweet and tender side to him. You should be a proud mama! This story melted my heart, too, Gina. It was so fun to visit last night at the reunion. I'm excited to come see you and hang out at Thanksgiving Point! We have really missed you! Have fun in Idaho this weekend. :)
ReplyDelete