I learned a very valuable lesson today that I'm not likely soon to forget. Here is how it happened...
After a stressful morning of trying to multi-task after a sleepless night, I finally made it to my visiting teaching appointment. It was fun and nice to relax and just sit and talk. As I was out the door, literally reaching for the handle, the doorbell rang. I stepped aside, figuring the whoever was coming to the door would be highly confused to see me open it. I happened to end up behind the door so I could only see the face of my visiting teacher. From the way she said hello I assumed it was a salesman or something. Then I heard the words, "Uh someone called 911?"
Then I stepped around the door to better hear what was going on. It was very confusing because it was just the two of us and our babies who don't play with phones. Laurie checked her redial and there was no call. I jokingly said, "I promise it wasn't me playing with the phone unless I sat on it under the couch cushion!" The officer was very patient as we tried to figure it out, and said he was just glad nothing had actually happened. As I loaded Aiden into the stroller the police officer got back into his car. Then he rolled down his window and said, "Do either of you know a Gina Whiting?" What!? I checked my phone and there was no 911 call on it either.
So here is the lesson. I guess if you push any number and hold it down long enough (even if the keys are locked) it calls 911. Yeah so I had pocket dialed during our lesson. Great. So the office took my information, told me how much he hates that feature, and also told me that old phones with batteries still in them have the same feature. I guess Aiden's phone won't light up for him anymore! Also, it's good to know that they can track a cell phone to a specific house. I've always worried about that in case I'm somewhere that I don't know the address...
So it was an adventurous visiting teaching lesson and I got a good laugh about it on the way home.
I need to figure out how to carry my phone around with me other than in my pocket.....
February Fun
2 years ago
That is insane! I didn't know phones did that.
ReplyDeleteWho knew? That's so random.
ReplyDeleteOn the plus side.....now you know......
blake always plays with my phone so thats good to know!
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe this happened. So crazy!
ReplyDelete