Monday, September 14, 2009

Swing

Aiden loves his little swing and I love that he loves his little swing. It gives me a chance to rest my tired arms or to manipulate him into going to sleep. For some reason he just loves that sitting up position with a little movement and he'll get calm and then zonk right out. Wonderful! Last night I was dying to go to bed and he was WIDE awake of course and nothing I did was helping him shut those big eyes so I decided to try the swing. It was so cute that when I put him in he made instant eye contact with his friend Mr Zebra (even though I introduced him as a giraffe until I realized that the animal on the opposite side of the mobile was the giraffe. Like I said...I was tired!) He loved looking up at those little animals and it was definitely picture worthy I thought even though the swing didn't put him to sleep like I had hoped.

Aiden also loves his car seat I'm sure for the same reason he likes the swing.Whenever we drive to Grandma and Grandpa's house it's pretty much a guarantee he'll be sound asleep when we walk in the door. When we put him in and get him buckled and covered with a blanket he gets all quiet and wide eyed and just looks around patiently waiting to be put in the car for a ride. Then once we've arrived at our destination if we leave him in too long without the movement he'll wake up and complain a little bit. He's a smart little cookie to know when we're about to leave and when we're done.

3 comments:

  1. Look at all that hair! I can't believe how much he's changed already - he's beautiful! (not that he wasn't beautiful before...just that...nevermind, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a toast to the miracle of sleeping babies because or driving! I don't know how the pioneers did it! Seems like everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that we have little car seat baby's in common. McKayla wont sleep in her crib but her car seat does the trick. So, that is where she sleeps every night. You do whatever works right?

    ReplyDelete