So like I said in my last post, I got to be home to help Wendy get ready for Homecoming on Saturday night. I was so excited that I'd actually be down here for one of her dances and it was a formal one too! :D I remember all those fun dances I went to in high school and like a typical girl I'd always being running late when my date was about to be here so Wendy was always my little assistant and it was so fun for me. I was thrilled to be able to be on the other end this time! I will admit it made me a little jealous because those dance days for me are long gone. The people Wendy was going to have do her hair and makeup kinda fell through the cracks so I got to help her with both. She curled her hair and I just pulled it back a little bit so it wouldn't be in her face. I also did her makeup and just did it the basic way I always do my own so I was nervous it wouldn't look good enough for a formal dance but she looked gorgeous. I guess it doesn't matter how the makeup is done if the girl underneath is so pretty! Also, like all of my high school dances, we were running late when Ka'ai got here. Wendy didn't even have her dress on! It brought back even more memories as we ran around in such a panic. I'd really like to know what goes on in the guys' heads when the ALWAYS have to sit in the living room to wait! Another thing that hasn't changed since I went to dances is that while Wendy was rushing around after the day date to get ready, her date went home and took a nap until right before he came to get here. Yeah...still unfair! :p
When we finally got all prettified and downstairs to Ka'ai my roll transformed from assistant to photographer. Here are the results:

Every girls' nightmare (ok not really that bad) to try not to stab her date in the heart.

No this was not posed. She honestly was sticking out her tongue in utter concentration!

Yes this was posed. He probably was fairly nervous though. It's a good two inch long pin I think! I would be nervous if I were him! :p

Our loving mother stepped in to help and couldn't help but make fun of Wendy by imitating what she thought Ka'ai's face would look like if he were showing his emotions.

Poor little Aiden got banished to the couch while I was taking pictures and Mama was helping Wendy. He did NOT appreciate that and made sure to tell us AND show us! Don't worry, he was only there for a minute then Grandma picked him up again to comfort him.

She did it! Look how well their flowers matched! (I ordered Ka'ai's flower since Wendy had forgotten that little detail. Lol another thing that reminded me of my dances...)

I think she looked so GORGEOUS! I love the lighting in this picture especially. Ka'ai looked great too and I'm sure he was stunned by his pretty date.

I so wish this weren't blurry! She was showing off the shoes that appeared in our "magical shoe closet" upstairs. Story: when Wendy went to Prom last year, she couldn't find any shoes to match her dress and was starting to panic because she didn't know who to borrow from. She dug back in her closet (my old closet) and found a perfect pair of shoes. She, Mama, and I couldn't remember ever seeing them before. For homecoming I was going to let her borrow a pair of my black Sunday shoes but we didn't have time to stop in Lehi on the way to Orem on Friday so I didn't have them for her. Again she dug back in the closet and found my Miss Orem shoes that all of us had forgotten about! I wonder what shoes will show up for Preference or Prom this year!

This monster is what Ka'ai picked Wendy up in. I laughed my head off when I pictured her trying to climb into it! I'm sure she's contemplating exactly how she was going to go about it in this picture.

In the process....I was cracking up!

She made it! Ka'ai would have helped her like a gentleman but I told her to try it herself first so I could get a picture. Then once she actually got in she of course didn't want to get out again when she didn't have to. She told me that for the rest of the night he'd just scoop her up like a baby and put her in the seat. It's not like he isn't tall enough and strong enough! I'm glad they took advantage of his build! :)

One last picture before they took off to have fun. It was such a fun night for me and I was so glad Wendy trusted me enough to ask me to help her. It brought back such wonderful memories too and made me so excited for Wendy's fun night. Oh my life is SO different now!
No comments:
Post a Comment