Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy Weekend

I have to say, this has been a pretty fun weekend. Tyson and I came down to Lehi/Orem mainly for Aiden's baby blessing but ended up being busy bees with some other things too. We started our quick little trip on Friday afternoon by going on a speedy date to Jack-In-The-Box on our way out of town. On the way down I got to talk to my good friend Brittany who I haven't seen since she moved to Arizona 7 weeks ago. When we got to Orem we just hung out for a while, gave Aiden a bath, and went to bed (it had been a long week for both of us).
The miracle of Friday night was that I GOT SIX AND A HALF HOURS OF SLEEP!!! This is how we discovered the miracle...my alarm rang to wake me up and for a split second I groaned thinking "Are you kidding? I already have to wake up?" Then I realized it was my alarm waking me up and that I had been sleeping since just before midnight, when I originally went to bed. I rolled over to Tyson and exclaimed that Aiden hadn't woken up during the night and he was thrilled too. Then, since it's something that just doesn't happen, he suddenly gasped and said, "Oh no! Go check on him in case he's dead!" Well he was just waking up hungry so everything was fine and we were some pretty happy parents to say the least! :)
Saturday morning I went with Mama to help her set up at the Farmer's Market and was there with her until I met up with Wendy, Tyson, and Aiden to go to Orem High's annual homecoming french toast breakfast from Magelby's. Unfortunately, even though it was VERY yummy, we got there late so we didn't get to participate in more than one plate full of the all you can eat. Still fun though.
After taking Wendy home, Tyson and I drove all around town going on errands to get ready for the blessing. It was so fun and so nice to be able to just be with Tyson and have time to talk and hold hands and have fun. It's crazy how being so apart for over a week can make something as lame as grocery shopping seem like the best date in the world!
Once we got everything taken care of, Tyson headed off to Lehi to get the apartment cleaned and ready while I stayed in Orem for more fun. I headed down to the Farmer's Market to help Mama pack up and then we both went over to the hospital to get some dinner with Daddy. We took a trip up to the NICU to show Aiden off again (he has a very proud Grandpa!) and Aiden was able to meet his first cousin twice removed...Carolyn Maughan.
The reason we figured out this connection is that when Tyson and I got engaged and Daddy realized Tyson's mom's maiden name was Maughan, he asked Carolyn if she knew anyone from Paul, ID. She did and in fact is Tyson's mom's cousin! While I was doing my internship with Daddy it was fun to tell everyone that she was related to the little baby in my tummy.
After dinner at the hospital, Mama and I headed home to help Wendy get ready for her Homecoming dance (I'll tell about that in another post). Then we rushed to get Aiden and ourselves ready for the Women's Conference. Unfortunately we were late and missed half of Sister Beck's talk. We'll have to try to listen to it later this week online. It was fun to go to something with Mama and Aiden. He slept in his carseat like a good little boy (even though I knew he was gonna be starving as soon as he woke up) for all but half of President Eyring's talk. I took him out and he cuddled with Grandma until it was time to go. At home we cut veggies for the next day and put Wendy's pictures on the computer to analyze (she looked gorgeous) and then I headed home to be with Tyson.
The next day, Sunday, was Aiden's baby blessing and was wonderful. I'll write about it in another post too so this one doesn't get annoyingly long. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment