I'm so far behind on this blog I'm not even sure when we had this fun play date with Tommy and John but I THINK it was in July haha. While my awesome (2nd) cousin Amy still lived in Salt Lake we decided we finally needed to go up and visit her and her adorable boys whom Aiden adores! We met up at the Children's Museum and while Amy and I caught up, the boys did too in their own way. I couldn't decide if it was more fun talking and laughing with Amy or watching our crazy boys have a blast together! :)
 |
| Aiden may or may not have been hoarding all the healthy food. There could be worse things... |
 |
| This is Aiden's "AAAGGGHHH I'm about to crash (on purpose) into this huge rock!" face. |
 |
| Then Tommy and Aiden decided to crash into each other. |
After so much fun at the museum we were all feeling pretty hungry so we walked to the mall food court. The boys caught sight of the big toys and were very quick to finish their lunch so they could enjoy them. Once again it was so fun to watch them interact.
 |
| Oh yes. More of my crazy face boy. |
To continue our awesome marathon play date we headed back to Amy's house. After Aiden had sufficiently explored Tommy and John's room and both boys had read every book in the house, we changed into our swimming suits and headed to their pool. We had it all to ourselves and it was great. I think Aiden learned a little bravery from Tommy's professional swimming skills and even let go of me a time or two.
 |
| I think I need this picture on my wall. It cracks me up every time I see it! Aiden sat like this for so long to get warm and dry. |
 |
| Tommy was so nice and came over to help Aiden get wrapped up in the towel. |
 |
| I guess the boys decided to follow our lead and have a little chat of their own. These boys really get a long so well and it is awesome to watch them interact. They both just adore each other and are both pretty good at sharing and taking turns, and all the other things that two year old aren't typically great at. It's pretty awesome. |
After such a perfect, fun, amazing day something had to go wrong of course. On the way home, stuck in traffic on the freeway, the car completely died. I was in the "fast" lane but completely stopped and it just turned off. I couldn't start it again and panicked. After so many people honked and got mad and drove around me (as if I were doing it on purpose...ugh) finally a guy came to my window and told me to put it in neutral so he could push me to the side of the road. I called Tyson and my mom to help me through the crisis and to cut the story short eventually a tow truck came and pulled us to meet my mom where we transferred the car seat and got HOME. It was completely miserable and I thought poor sleeping Aiden was going to melt to death. He was sweating so much it honestly looked like I had poured some water over his head. It broke my heart. Someone else happened to be stopped just a bit in front of me with a car out of gas and they periodically came to check on us and see if they could tell what was wrong with the car. When they got picked up they brought me a huge bottle of cold Gatorade and it almost made me cry because I was able to at least attempt to cold Aiden down. Anyway, everything eventually got worked out but it was really awful and killed the happiness we had experienced earlier in the day. It was still worth it though to be able to get such a sweet marathon play date with some of our favorite cousins! :)
I LOVE this! Let's do it all again. Minus the dead car of course.
ReplyDelete