Thursday, December 27, 2012

Aiden turns THREE!!

Where has my baby gone? Where has my toddler gone? I just have a little boy now! This three year old phase has been so awesome and so challenging at the same time. Aiden is so independent and smart and those things are both wonderful and difficult haha! On Aiden's birthday we went to Mama and Daddy's house for Sunday dinner. They had made several of Aiden's favorite foods for dinner: broccoli, eggies, and chicken! It was great and Aiden ate every last bite on his plate and asked for more! After dinner while we were sitting at the table talking, Mama snuck out and put an awesome horse on the porch then rang the doorbell and came back inside. We all ran to the door to watch Aiden's reaction as he found it waiting at the door for him. It is really the coolest horse ever! The seat is somehow attached to the legs so when Aiden sits down the legs go out and when he stands up they come together and move him forward. Super cool. He's gotten pretty good at the up and down riding motion and will even sometimes wave his fist around in the air and say "yee-haw" and "giddyup"! It's kind of adorable!
Grandma teaching Aiden how to stand all the way up before sitting all the way down.
After dinner and riding lessons we went back inside to make monster cupcakes! Aiden thought it was so awesome to have his own little cake and decorations and talked our ears off the whole time telling us what he was doing and what it looked like and what we should do.
Serious business.
The finished product! TADA!
Aunt Wendy's cute monster.
Great Grandma even made one!
Aiden wanted another picture since I was going around the table to get everyone else. Mmm I love this cute boy!
I like this one's tiny mouth.
Mine just had a giant mustache.
Big Grandpa and Aiden. I think Aiden had started snacking...
Aiden with Aunt Winnie. He was so popular this night. Everyone wanted a picture with the birthday boy of course!
All smiles for this birthday boy tonight!
Nate and Paige had dinner with Paige's family but they came in time to make cupcakes of their own. Aiden was thrilled they came to see him.
How handsome is he? :) I guess it's easy to smile nicely for the camera if you get to open presents right after the picture!
Giving hugs after each present.
Drawing a picture with great-grandma.
Since P and N hadn't been there while Aiden rode his horse we made Paige try it out. (It holds up to 160 lbs!)
Another fun activity planned for Aiden to do on his birthday. She's so awesome!
This book was full of birthday themed puzzles. Just what Aiden loves!
We had such a fun night celebrating the life of this wonderful little boy. He is such a blessing in our lives and I don't even want to imagine what life would be like without him. As challenging as it can sometimes be to be his mom, I wouldn't give it up for anything! I LOVE this job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment