Wednesday, December 19, 2012

4th of July Festivities

To continue our tradition of seeing the Freedom Festival balloons EARLY in the morning on the 4th, we went to Orem to sleepover. Tyson got out a little supply of fireworks and we started the festivities early. Aiden was thrilled to get his own sparklers and loved the fireworks!
My big little boy.
My little little boy.

I guess we could only find one chair?? Aiden, Aunt Wendy, and Tiny Grandpa still loved all the fireworks even if they were stacked like pancakes! :)
In the 4th we woke up bright and early and headed down to the field to see the balloons. Last year we were disappointed by the weather and didn't get to see the balloons fly. This year was much better and Aiden loved it. I'm sure I watched his face more than I actually watched the balloons.
We also went to Mandy-Marie and Steve's annual 4th of July bbq but I guess this was the only picture I got. Eldredge's neighbors have goats so all the boys went over to hang out with them for a while. Aiden was totally comfortable with them since we got to the Thanksgiving Point farm so much.
The night of the 4th we went through the rest of our fireworks stash then stood out in the street to watch all the expensive fireworks the neighbors were doing. Aiden still loved them but kept his ears covered the whole time just like last year.
Aiden was so cute with the poppers. He thought it was fun to step on them but had left his shoes inside so he stole mine and went to town. It was hard for him though since he'd aim with the toe of my shoe but step down with his toes which were only in the middle of my shoes. It took him a while to get the hang of it and it was hilarious to watch.
Watching Dad light off more "big" fireworks.
When we realized the stadium of fire was doing their huge display we headed upstairs to watch them from Wendy's window.
This video somehow got on the wrong post but sometimes I have a hard time getting them to upload so I'm leaving it. It's from our trip to Trafalga that I'll write about later. I just think it's cute how hard Aiden is trying to get that darn golf ball up the hill and into the hole! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment