Friday, February 24, 2012

Misc Sept and Oct

Here are all the pictures without a post of their own from September and October...there will probably be a lot!
We still just have the tiny little grill we got for our wedding (behind Aiden in the picture) but it's still good enough for the three of us and we had some delicious grilled meals this summer. Aiden LOVED going out to help Daddy cook the food every night we did it. Then it was always fun to have a picnic on the grass or camping chairs.
Aiden is obsessed with my ponytail holders. It's nice though because anytime I'm trying to get ready and need to keep him occupied I can just pull out the bag and he'll help himself. He actually asked for me to take this picture so he could see how they looked which is super rare! Sometimes he puts them on his ankles and one day when he put his own socks on I found two elastics under them about six hours later. Good thing they weren't some of the tightest ones!
Aiden and Lucy LOVE going to the TP farm together. On this particular day, since Cole was being carried around, Lucy decided she wanted to ride and not wanting to be left out, Aiden decided to join her. I'm not sure why he's the one making the pained face because clearly Lucy is the one being completely smashed! Haha!
One night we went to try out the new Shakey's Pizza place with Grandma and Grandpa Peterson. After eating, Tyson discovered that they have a game room in the back. Most of the games are free so we definitely took advantage. Aiden was in love with this basketball game and did pretty well. Also, for the record, I totally beat Tyson's score and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't beat me!
One day while I was helping Grandma sew, Grandpa and Aiden sat down to watch a movie. When I turned around a saw this precious sight I sprinted upstairs to get the camera. On a side note...doesn't Aiden pull the funniest faces even when he doesn't think anyone is looking?
Aiden is turning into a little artist. It's fun to watch him try new kinds of art, but not fun when he tries canvases he's not allowed to use. In this picture he's telling me no-no because he is fully aware that he shouldn't draw on his skin but of course he did it anyway! Oh well, thank goodness for washable markers!
Here is Aiden cleaning up another piece of artwork...this time on Grandma Peterson's living room wall. Once again, thank goodness for washable markers and magic erasers! He was very diligent cleaning every last dot off the wall.
During conference Wendy and I were giving each other facials and sugar water foot rubs. Aiden is never one to miss out on pampering so he copied how Wendy was lying and insisted that I rub his precious tiny feet. It was hilarious to watch his face because he got so relaxed and loved it so much. He even fell asleep by the end right on Wendy's arm! I wish I could cast that magic spell every night at bedtime!
Aiden felt bad that Grandma and Grandpa were missing out on the pampering session so he took the bowl over and gave each of them a wonderful foot rub too.
Maybe it's just because I'm his mom, but I was totally impressed that my barely two year old made such a great pattern with his stacking blocks all by himself! It must have taken him a while to figure out which size had to go where and get them all in order. He was so proud of himself and thrilled to take me by the hand and show me his creation!
Whenever Grandpa works at the American Fork hospital we go visit him and have lunch. Aiden loves to sit on the spinning bar stools while the cute old ladies make his lunch. They also love it and love him. They each come over and talk to him and comment on how big he's getting and even buy treats for him! They occasionally tell the other random customers that they've watched him grow up because he's been coming in since he was a tiny baby. It's so fun to see what a charmer Aiden can be!
One of our favorite indoor activities is to spread out a sheet and get out the macaroni (or rice if I'm feeling up to the cleanup) and some sandbox toys. As the picture shows, Aiden gets so excited to make castles and move the macaroni from bowl to bowl.
Who doesn't love the bread sticks at Pizza Factory? Aiden went to town on his!
I love this picture...Aiden and Aunt Wendy enjoying some quality story time together.
We got a trampoline! Aiden is crazy about it and no matter the time of day, if anyone comes to our house he makes sure they all come out to jump with him. This was the first time Grandpa, Uncle Nate, Aunt Wendy, and Grandma had seen it so everyone jumped for a long time!
Aiden and Crandall jumping after a fun sleepover. We love it when Crandall and Dallin (and all the other cousins) come play at our house. Aiden absolutely adores the big kids!
After dinner one night when my family was here we were all in the living room watching a movie or something and  realized that Aiden was in the kitchen helping himself to the dessert on the table. See all the fingerprints?
No need for utensils obviously!
BOO! Aiden thinks it's so funny to wear these glasses and scare us all. Then he'll pull them off and say "no, it's jes Aiden!"
Aiden loves watching me put on my makeup and always asks for a turn with each step. (I figure it's better to let him experiment and act it out now rather than fifteen years down the road haha!) One day he grabbed the eyelash curlers and held them up to his eyes like this. I guess he pays better attention then I thought!
One day after lunch with Grandpa we drove up the street and went to the temple so Aiden could see it up close. Most of the time he ran around on the big lawn but for a few minutes he just sat on this bench and stared at it. It was a very precious moment.
I guess sometimes Aiden likes to ponder the meaning of life.
Aiden loves trying on all my shoes but especially loves the high heels!
One day while we were chasing each other around Aiden discovered a new hiding spot!
He asked me to shut the door to get the full effect of the hiding spot.
Aunt Wendy was dressing up for a Halloween party and since she had two pairs of boots to try on, Aiden helped her out with the decision. Cheese!
Aiden spends so much time watching Grandma and me make pillowcases that he sometimes wants to help. I sat very still and patiently waited for each turn to hand Grandma a new pillowcase.
After the first pile on his lap was completed Aiden still wanted to help so he shifted to the new place and sat just as patiently while he helped.
Handsome haircut Aiden enjoying his ice-cream with Grandpa and Uncle Nate after their haircut date.
Aiden modelling next to Uncle Troy's HUGE watermelon. Pretty amazing huh?
On our way to church one day Aiden was playing with the toys in his church bag. We showed him something out the window and after looking for himself he held up the little doll and said "here Gapa look!" I thought it was so cute that he was thoughtful and creative enough to let each doll have a turn to see what he saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment