Thursday, February 23, 2012

Backtrack to August

I am so behind and have so many pictures to sort through that I almost forgot to post all the miscellaneous August pictures.
Aiden can and will climb almost anything. In this picture he is obviously just sitting down, but I have caught him standing up and jumping into his bed several times. I just don't know what to do with him!
Aiden loves to be Mommy's Little Helper but sometimes being a helper isn't very helpful in the end. This is a picture of our formerly clean room while he was helping my "fold" and "put away" the laundry. It ended up being him tossing handful after handful of clothes in the air to see where they'd all land.
I thought this was so sweet. I rarely get to see Aiden while he's sleeping because we don't dare go in his room once he's asleep. (Sleeping has always been a hard issue with him) This time he fell asleep so fast that I only made it through one or two songs before he was out like a light on my shoulder. He clung tightly to his snoopy dog the whole time I positioned him into his bed. I will admit I watched him for a long time because I hardly ever get to see him so peaceful and still. It's hard to believe that this is the same little boy that sometimes makes me want to bang my head on the wall or collapse from exhaustion! :)
I just love this picture because I think Aiden looks so grown up and serious sitting with his legs crossed and concentrating on his coloring.
One of the many days we had to strip down and spray off with the hose before coming inside. Aiden is obsessed with water and sand.
He gets SOO excited when we play in the sandbox...especially when he's just crushed a sweet tower of sand.
Aiden discovered the permanent markers downstairs while I was occupied upstairs. I noticed the silence and came down to find him sitting on the desk creating art on the computer screen. Luckily I learned that permanent marker comes off so easily when you color over it with whiteboard marker and then erase it. Whew!
One day Aiden was playing outside while I cleaned. I could hear thuds on the door or stairs (I thought) so I went outside to see what he was doing. I couldn't find him anywhere and had a moment of panic before the thuds started again and I realized he was sitting under the porch hitting the dirt clods against the house walls and floor of the deck to break them apart. What a boy!
He also discovered that he could write with them if they were hard enough to not just fall apart instantly.
We were able to go to my cousin David's wedding in the Salt Lake temple. Aiden was so excited to see the temple up close and after all the family pictures, he insisted on climbing up the stairs to see the doors and have his own picture taken.
He had also seen all the brides and grooms climbing into these little corners so he wanted to try it too! Make sure to notice his great face in this picture...
While we were killing time before the reception, we let Aiden dip his toes in all the tempting water. He loved it!
Aiden thought this statue was Jesus and gave Joseph and Emma both a big hug.
More fun in the mud...we'd stay out here for hours on end.
Cute cousins. Kyle Keck (Aiden's 2nd cousin) was so cute trying to help Aiden figure out how to put on his sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment