Friday, July 09, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We decided we absolutely love having a holiday on a Sunday in Utah. We thought it was great to have celebrations for three days instead of just one. Here is a breakdown of our great long weekend.
3rd of July:
CARRIE UNDERWOOD!! We were lucky enough to get to go to the Stadium of Fire this year and it was fantastic. Aiden stayed home with my mom who has seen the Stadium of Fire enough times that she wouldn't miss it. She didn't want us to have to worry about Aiden the whole time and wasn't sure if he'd like all the noise.
Family picture before we left. (Aiden looks SOO big in this picture. It blows my mind every time I see it. Where did my little baby go?)Say cheese! Waiting for the real show to start was a little boring so we had to entertain ourselves.
The Stadium of Fire dancers did a good job, but we were antsy to hear Carrie Underwood. (She did come out to sing the National Anthem and surprised everyone. It gave me goosebumps and tears because it was so powerful.)
The main event...CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!! Wendy and I had been counting down the minutes, and I knew Tyson was excited too, I just had no idea how excited. He even said to me, "What if she said she was going to call a random seat number and the person could come down and kiss her? Would you let me?" I know he was expecting me to say no, but honestly, that would be kinda cool right? Haha!
Anyway, Tyson's favorite song is Before He Cheats and he couldn't wait until she sang it, then recorded the whole song. I loved that he got so into it and has been just as obsessed as I have with her since we got back. Ahh we love her! She seems like a good girl too which makes her even better.
So all in all it was a fantastic night to say the least and we're so grateful to Mama and Daddy for paying for most of the tickets so we could afford to go.

4th of July:
Since the actual 4th was Sunday, like I said, we had a pretty regular day, but still fun. We all wore patriotic colors to church, then took a nap and headed to Orem for dinner. We had to get a family picture of our outfits first though. Aiden didn't quite understand to smile at the camera all by itself. :p
5th of July:
We started the day bright and early in the morning to go see the balloons. Aiden was pretty tired since we had to wake him up, but he still really enjoyed watching them.
After the balloons, we went to the hospital to get breakfast. Tyson and I were going to go to the parade but decided to go home with everyone else to nap. Next year we'll have to go see the balloons on a different day. After our naps we went to a fun family bbq but I didn't even pull out the camera a single time. Sad!! The rest of the day was spent at home relaxing and enjoying Tyson's day off.
Aiden didn't know what to think about the sparklers at first, but still liked them.
He was thrilled to be able to hold all the boxes and stand by himself for most of the show.
Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Stadium of Fire was the best! I just wish Carrie could have gone on with more songs. My nephew was one of the scouts being presented his Eagle. an amazing night, and I too was emotional when she sang the national anthem. way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun! I am so jealous you got to go see Carrie Underwood!!! Your baby is getting so big. I wish we could have been here Saturday :(

    ReplyDelete