Last night I went with Aiden, Tyson, Mama, and Daddy to West Valley City to see a sneak peek of the new PCC show in Hawaii. On our way we stopped at Carl's Jr for a quick dinner. We pulled up in the drive through behind one car. After they ordered we drove up to the speaker and started looking at the menu to decide what we wanted. That's what you do right? A car pulled up behind us. The girl asked how we were doing. Mama said "Good thanks, just a minute". We were still reading the menu trying to decide. It had maybe been two minutes. The girl said "Aren't you ready to order yet? There are cars behind you."
What!? Are you kidding me? Who says that? There was ONE car behind us.
We had pulled forward more so everyone could see the menu so Tyson was the one by the speaker now. He said "We know there is a car behind us but we haven't decided yet." Haha go Tys. I'd never be that brave. So then when we were ready he proceeded to give everyone's order. "We'd like one blah blah no onions.....long pause....two blah blah blahs....long pause....." The lady says "Hold on just a minute." Are you serious? She's the one that was pushing us to hurry up! It was pretty crazy and hilarious. None of us had ever heard anyone say that in a drive through. And it's not like people aren't expecting to wait a minute or two when there is a car before them in the drive through right? Whatever.
After the show we loaded everyone into the car and then realized that Aiden had a VERY full diaper. Since we were in West Valley City and were planning to get ice-cream on the way home, I decided I should probably change him so his little bum didn't get sore. Daddy and I were in the back seat with Aiden's carseat in the middle so I go out of the car, Daddy held the carseat on his lap, I put Aiden on the seat, and bent into the car to change him. The door was obviously open behind me.
At one point, I noticed a lady getting into the car behind me (parked next to our car) so I shut the door onto my legs so she'd have plenty of room to climb in and back out. I didn't think anything more of it for a while, then wondered to myself why they hadn't left yet, then didn't think of it again.
After Aiden had a clean diaper I put it in the trunk so we wouldn't all die from the fumes on the way home. Aiden saw me through the back window (he had climbed up the seat so he was standing by the time I got to the back of the car) and grinned. So I played peek-a-boo with him. It's a good mommy thing to do right? Plus, the event was super packed and we'd have been stuck in traffic for a while anyway so why not play games?
As I was getting back to Aiden to get him dressed, a grumpy potbellied man and his wife stepped out from behind their big suburban (the one next to us) and snapped "We'd like to leave now!" I know those sound like nice words, but trust me, he was NOT being nice. I hurried to shut the door on my legs again and timidly said "Oh sorry". For the first millisecond I felt bad but then I was like "Wait a second. You're a jerk. I'm just changing my baby's diaper. Get over yourself." And then I was super bugged. If I had been Tyson I'm sure I'd have thought of something better to say.
Seriously though...how hard would it have been for him to just say nicely "Can we get past you please, we need to go." or "Excuse me." or even if he had just started to walk by I'd have moved....like I already had for his wife!! Plus, I couldn't even see them waiting behind our car or anything. They were literally hiding behind their car and startled me when the suddenly popped up. Again, whatever.
I guess Tyson gave the man a dirty look as he climbed into his car. Mama noticed and she said it scared her cause he looked mad enough that she thought he might jump out and punch Tyson. Everyone else thought that was kinda dramatic but it helps with the man's description.
Anyway, some people are lame. And these are two stories to prove it. It was funny that they both happened in one night though and it gave us some laughs and something to talk about on the way home.
February Fun
2 years ago
Wow! people are soo impatient! Like really, what is a few minutes. The world would be a much happier place if people would just use a little patience!
ReplyDeletehaha! im sorry that had to happen your right they are lame and impatient!
ReplyDelete