When Aiden was tiny we used a cute little cradle for him. Then when he grew out of it we knew we'd be moving soon so we just used the pack'n'play my mom had. We planned on getting a crib after we moved so we didn't have to set it up and take it down so many times in just a few weeks. Usually when Aiden is napping he'll wake up a chatter for a while but if I leave him in his crib he'll sleep a little longer. Then when he wakes up the second time I let him play by himself until he gets fussy. One day, after the typical routine, I realized that he hadn't gotten fussy and was just happy. I quietly opened his door and peeked my phone in to check on him. (It's less obvious than my head.) This is the result. It's sideways because I didn't know I'd actually end up recording him, I just meant to peek on him with the camera.
As you can see it was hilarious to me. He was just playing and making funny noises because he was so so proud of himself for pulling up to a stand in his crib. I was shocked because it was the first time. He'd been pulling up on the furniture for a long time and my mom had warned me this day was coming, but it still caught me off guard. That night I lowered the base and in a matter of days Aiden figured out how to get up again even though the sides are only mesh. Even now he gets pretty darn excited. I love it.
You know, we should really get our two monsters together!! they are both growing to so fast, and for being 4 days apart the would make great play dates!
ReplyDelete