Wednesday, November 02, 2011

4th of July

Wow. It's really quite pathetic at how behind I am at blogging. I've gotta get back on the wagon!

So...four months ago we celebrated the fourth of July. ;) Saturday the 2nd was the Stadium of Fire.
We went with my family and were so excited for David Archuleta (all of us)
and Brad Paisley (NOT Tyson).
I had kinda forgotten how much I enjoy country music since it's rare for me to listen to it anymore. Both performers were awesome and it was so fun! Aiden even enjoyed dancing to the music most of the time although it was hard for him to have to sit on our laps the whole time.
We also couldn't wait to see Aiden's reaction to the fireworks. They were incredibly loud so I had my hands on his ears the entire time and he helped me out every now and again. Then I think towards the end he was still fascinated but way too overstimulated because of the long concert and super loud fireworks. He covered his eyes and looked miserable but I could tell he was still keeping his eyes on the fireworks so as not to miss a single minute.
So happy to be able to stand up and run around after the Stadium of Fire!
As we were walking back to the car, Aiden could NOT stop talking about the big fireworks "BOOM BOOM"! He kept throwing his arms and fingers out (kinda like spirit fingers I guess) when he'd say boom boom and was talking a mile a minute telling us all about them. It was absolutely adorable!
We slept over the entire weekend at M and D's so we could get every possible moment of sleep after the late Stadium of Fire night and an early Monday morning which started off bright and early to go see the Balloon Fest in Provo. I guess we forgot our camera or I just can't find the pictures. We were disappointed when we got to the field though because there were only a few balloons up when usually there are dozens. We quickly realized it's because the weather was not great for balloon flying. In fact, after a while the balloons started blowing over. The funniest time was when the giant pig balloon started slooowly face planting. The people under it's snout were screaming and running like it was really going to come down and eat them. It was hilarious!
After a yummy breakfast in the hospital cafeteria (a tradition that seems to be catching on with the rest of the valley) we took about two minutes to consider taking Aiden to the parade before deciding to actually just go back to bed. On our way back to the car we noticed that the Life Flight helicopter was there and the team was letting people sit in it. Of course Daddy knew them and we knew Aiden would love to sit in a "hecotcher" so we had a mini photo shoot. Aiden thought it was awesome and even we big kids thought it was pretty cool too. Daddy doesn't actually ride in the helicopters, his team always takes either the ambulance or the airplane.
That afternoon we headed to Aunt Mandy-Marie and Uncle Steve's house for their annual 4th of July picnic. It was fun to see everyone and watch Aiden play with all the kids.
Mommy, Aiden, and Katelyn squirting water out of old ketchup and mustard bottles. What a great idea!
Aiden getting ready to play catch with the big boys.
Aiden LOVED this swing but it was so hard to hold on with him pushing back against me. My arms were sore for a little while after getting off.
Nathan's great 4th of July pies that we ate sometime during the weekend. He came up with the ideas but I helped. The banana coconut one says "Happy 4th" but since it's just with chocolate syrup instead of something thicker it just drizzled down into the pie. Oh well. It was still dang good!
My cute 4th of July boys enjoying some quality time on the porch with soda, popsicles, and little fireworks. Aiden is in love with poppers!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! :) i love how expressive kids are! way to catch up! thanks again for such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete