Monday, June 21, 2010

Boys just wanna have fun!

So here's the follow-up to the previous post. On Friday night, the girls and I were going to have a nail painting session while the boys played the Wii or watched a movie. Trevor, the youngest boy, came and sat by us and I could tell he was just itching to try it himself but knew it wasn't an appropriate boy thing to do. I was trying a color on each finger so I could decide and when he realized he could tell me which color to do next he was thrilled to do so. I'm pretty sure I put something different on all ten fingers. Then some of the other boys came over to watch. It was so funny. Then, to my shock and amusement, Tanner, the oldest boy, asked if we had any of the kind that "doesn't have any color but makes your nails look shiny". Apparently one of his friends had used clear one time so he wanted to try it too. I thought he'd just have me put it on his thumb or something but he wanted all ten! I loved it. Then Trent jumped in on the fun but was a little more brave and had me do red on one hand and hot pink on the other. Trevor, of course, was thrilled that he could do it since his big brothers were. He chose green for one hand and blue for the other. After the deed was done I had them all go stand by the fan so their nails would dry faster and then I snuck out the camera!!
Then once the deed was done, off it came! I don't think Tanner even waited long enough for his to dry before it came off.
It was so much fun for them and for me. I know some people would totally look down on them and especially me for allowing it (hopefully Troy and Lara don't fall into that category), but I think it's good for them. I mean think about it. Watching their sisters paint their nails with all the bright, shiny colors and not being allowed to do it themselves is like watching the girls use their very own special coloring book. The boys just wanted to know what it was like so I let them! I wouldn't have let them wear it into public or anything and I don't think it's cool when grown men wear it, but for a little experiment it can't hurt anything. It was a blast in my opinion and I'm glad we did it!

1 comment: