It started out as a typical day. I always check my e-mail, blog list, and facebook while Aiden eats and then plays while I eat. Lately Aiden has LOVED walking back and forth along the couch and is happier there for a longer amount of time than anywhere else. So after he ate, I took him into the living room, propped him up against the couch, gave him some toys, and headed back into the office. I could still hear him and that's where he usually goes when I need to get things done around the house so I wasn't worried. After a while I noticed it was very quiet. No toys were making noise, I couldn't hear his little shuffle, only breathing. I thought I'd better check it out and I went in to find this:
After I stripped him down to his onesie, I took him into the office/guest bedroom/storage room to walk along the edge of the bed. I hadn't done this in the first place because there are a lot of bins and boxes that would make falls a little more uncomfortable than in the living room. I shut the door behind me so I could go vacuum up the mess. Aiden hates the sound of our loud vacuum and I thought that he'd be ok for two or three minutes. Given the occurrences of the morning I don't know what I was thinking. After quickly cleaning up the mess I went back to play with my naughty baby. I opened the door and he was nowhere to be found. I couldn't find him fallen over by the bed, he wasn't anywhere on the floor, he obviously couldn't have climbed on the bed or boxes yet, so I was dumbfounded until I heard him happily chattering and banging on something:
P.S. If anyone thinks Aiden doesn't eat enough, just take a look at those thunder thighs, thunder calves (that I can't get my fingers around anymore) and thunder wrist/forearms peeking out! Gotta love the chub!!
Ha ha ha! It sounds like he and Taege will get along great!
ReplyDeleteOh my heck he is soooo big now!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, oh wow...I couldn't breath for a minute I was laughing so hard!! Haha, that's awesome. I guess he's to the point where you can't leave him alone anymore. Oh wow, how fun! I'll call you in a couple of days, I think I'm finally kicking this cold! (at least lets pray I am!)
ReplyDeletethat was hilarious. i love the second pic it looks like he's thinking oh no i was caught! yummy cracker jacks i bet he was in heaven. im so excited to see you in a few weeks. Tanner probably will not come out since he still has work. Ill give you a call soon well actually ill give you a call right now hopefully you answer!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! Aiden is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh because I know you will have many more of these adventures in the years to come. And guess what? So will I! My 3 and 4 year old have provided lots and lots of surprises like this for me, too. Sometimes it makes me want to scream (vaseline, lotion, flour, etc all over the flour and their bodies), but sometimes it makes me want to laugh and take pictures to document such crazy times.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mommy, Gina! Way to be positive and hang in there.
PS) Yes, it's true, chubby babies are the best!