After stopping for lunch and ice-cream (which Grandpa and Mommy naughtily shared with Aiden) we drove over to the gorgeous gardens. Since it's so early in the season it was rare to see a flower in full bloom, but they are still just phenomenal.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Cabella's, Dinosaur Museum, & Gardens
Last week some of my favorite relatives from Logan came down for a visit during their spring break. They had never had the pleasure of experiencing Thanksgiving Point so we took the opportunity to show them around. First we all had to check out Cabella's since it's just up the road and none of us had been there. I was just excited to show Aiden the animals. The waterfall was the only thing that really caught his attention from the big display in the center. I'm sure it looked like an amazingly big bathtub to him and no matter how big the bear or moose, he couldn't take his eyes off the water. (I cannot wait to take him swimming this summer!!)
The fish tank was a different story. We could have spent hours in there for him to watch the fish swimming around. Oh my goodness! He kept trying to reach out to grab them, pulling faces at them, and making little conversation.


After Cabella's we headed to the dinosaur museum. Tyson and I had taken Aiden when he was three weeks old just cause Tyson wanted to go and it was $2 Tuesday. This time I was excited for Aiden to be facing forward in the stroller or carried so he could see all the fun things.
"Quick let's hide from the dinosaurs!"
"Look what followed me home Mommy. Can I keep it?"
That's a big mouth. If I saw that in the ocean I promise I'd drown myself on purpose.
After stopping for lunch and ice-cream (which Grandpa and Mommy naughtily shared with Aiden) we drove over to the gorgeous gardens. Since it's so early in the season it was rare to see a flower in full bloom, but they are still just phenomenal.
Aiden had fun in the children's garden.
We all got in one last pose before Aiden got in the stroller for a nice ride and nap. We bought an annual pass which gets us in free to the gardens, museum, and farm all year. We are so excited. Also, if anyone reads this and wants to get into any of those things for half price (ahem the tulip festival is coming up in a few days) let us know and we'll get you in! I'm planning on taking lots of walks through the gardens, getting lots of sun while Aiden plays in the water, and overall just having a great summer!
After stopping for lunch and ice-cream (which Grandpa and Mommy naughtily shared with Aiden) we drove over to the gorgeous gardens. Since it's so early in the season it was rare to see a flower in full bloom, but they are still just phenomenal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like fun! We'll have to take you up on that sometime, because I love Thanksgiving Point. It's gotta be great to live so close!
ReplyDelete