After the afternoon session Mama tricked us into coming outside for an Easter egg hunt. (This is what she had secretly been doing instead of napping.) There weren't actually any eggs to find, but plenty of treats! Tyson, Wendy, and I all hunted in the backyard (Tyson said he hadn't felt like a little kid like that for a long time) and Aiden watched us while he sat on the lawn and experienced grass on his toes and hands for the first time. It was very cute to see his funny reaction. I sadly didn't get any pictures though. :(
Sunday morning brought surprises from both the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Along with a yummy breakfast, we all had full Easter baskets on our plates.
Also that morning, as Aiden opened his mouth for the first bite of cereal, I noticed something different on his bottom gum! I guess the Tooth Fairy decided to visit on Easter morning as well because it most definitely was a tiny, sharp little tooth! I was very impressed with how he handled his first tooth. I've been dreading teething time, but I had no idea one was coming until I actually saw it and felt it. Way to be brave Aiden! I can't wait until it comes up farther and I can get a picture of it. Right now the only way to prove that it's there is to sacrifice a finger to it's sharpness or catch a millisecond glimpse of it while the spoon is on it's way in. Otherwise Aiden's tongue covers it up.
After conference sadly ended, we all worked to pull together a fun Easter dinner. This cute bunny was my main contribution. It was my first time making one so I was proud with how it turned out.
Hooray! Happy Easter happy teething (well there's something I never thought I'd say....) and CUTE food! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSee you are a CULINARY GENIUS!! That is a way cute bunny!
ReplyDelete