Thursday, April 23, 2009

Enrichment

Yesterday was a beautiful day! The sun was shining, the clouds were far away, and I was happy all day long! I talked Tyson into putting off his online work until I was in class so we could go to the park for an hour before I had class and he had work. It was so much fun and reminded us of when we were dating two summers ago (it's crazy how time flies!) and Tyson would pick me up from work at Day's and we'd drive to the closest park to eat and enjoy each other's company during my short break. We walked around for a minute but then decided we looked funny just walking in a circle around the park so we pulled out the blanket and just enjoyed lying in the sun and talking. Of course we took some pictures too!
The only problem I found with lying on a blanket to enjoy the sun is that the backside of my legs and inside of my arms will struggle getting their fair share. Why? Well there's this thing I've got I like to call my baby bump and it doesn't feel very good to lie on top of. The funny thing is that the thought didn't cross my mind
that I wouldn't be able to lie on my stomach until I did it and got hurt. Oopsie!We each used a corner of the blanket to cover our eyes from the bright sun but eventually the tree moved over enough that it wasn't really necessary.
After I got home from class, since I was still craving the sunshine, I went out to our "backyard" with my awesome friend Jenn to do some homework and soak up some more rays. Mostly we talked and watched the little kids playing around us but we got a little bit of homework done! We brought out some snacks too so it was kinda like a little picnic.
Next we took a walk over to campus where we both had to turn in some papers and Jenn mailed something. Then we walked to pick up Jenn's boys from daycare and took them to the next triad for a fun barbecue with friends and neighbors. Tyson and I have been gone from our ward (to others I promise) for what seems like the last forever so it was really good to see everyone again. It was also fun when people commented on my tummy cause of course I love that!
Well our fun day still wasn't over! Crystal, Jenn, and I grabbed some of our glass dishes and headed over to enrichment (leaving the boys with one of the neighbors) to do some glass etching. It was fun to talk to more people and do something cute to the dishes. I love the way they turned out! I think I'm going to have to find out what the stuff was we put on them so I can do it to all my other glass things! I did my 8x8 and 9x13 pans.

After Jenn and I went to pick up the boys we were joking around that we had kinda been like a little couple that day: laying out in the sun, taking walks, taking the boys to fun activities, and going to enrichment. Maybe next week we'll do the same thing cause it sure was fun!
Oh yeah, the funniest thing of the day was the awkward sunburn I developed. Like I said, the back of my legs have a hard time getting their fair share of the sun so...
This is what one side looks like: And here is what the other side looks like: Very cute huh? I know it doesn't really look that bad but I promise it is. I'm gonna have to think of some way to take care of that cause I am not ok with my legs looking like this all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment