Saturday, July 20, 2013

Young Women in Excellence

November was our awesome Young Women in Excellence activity. It was so fun to decorate and get ready for. Thanks to Holly, one of the YW leaders (who then got released and didn't get to see the results of her brilliance), we had some great decorations and everything looked SO beautiful. We had a delicious dinner and then the program. Sadly, our YW President was sick and also missed out on seeing all her hard work. Luckily we have an AWESOME presidency so the 1st councilor was able to fill in beautifully to present her talk.
I loved that even though we used all disposable dinnerware it still looked fancy with the square plates.
LOVED these centerpieces! We each took a few home after the activity and they made such a great addition to my table at home.
The food table
Not bad for a boring gym and little budget huh?
The podium for talks and presentations.
Earlier in the year we took the girls to the Draper temple for a little photoshoot. We framed all the pictures and gave them to the girls. It said "If this isn't his castle, he's not your price" since our theme was all about being Daughters of a king. The crowns were for the girls to write what they did for one of the year's personal progress projects.
Sister Kight filling in for Sister Konold. It was neat to feel the love from both leaders even though only one was there. I hope the girls felt it too.
These next pictures are mostly just so I can remember the cute faces of all these girls that I love like daughters. Seriously, best calling EVER! These were all from while the girls presented their projects and I honestly sat there and thought how much I loved each one of them. Really, I would think "I love her, she's so funny" or "I love her, she's so cute" or "I love her, she's so sweet" for EVERY one. These girls are all so unique and special and I have been so blessed to serve them!
Sydney Goettig
Akasha Stokes
Myriah Worley
Aubrey Caswell
Chelsea Phillips
Meghan Ross
Corah Worley
Mikaela Tonga
Courtnee Taylor
Madelyne Caswell
Bailee Goettig
Norah Johnston
Marliese Johnston
Alicia Nielsen
Kaya Stokes
Katherine Kalasic
Amie Hoagland
I think I'm missing a few girls because my phone died but at least I got most of them that were there. Oh I really can't say enough how much I love them and this calling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment