I need to take a break from my catch up blogging to write about Aiden's hilarious prayer tonight. (July 27, '13) Since we sometimes have to prompt him while it's his turn to pray, he likes to do the same thing for us sometimes. He'll interrupt and tell us exactly what to say. It's cute so we will usually humor him and repeat whatever it is.
Tonight, however, it is way past bedtime thanks to fun cousin birthday celebrations so we were in somewhat of a hurry. Tyson was saying the prayer and Aiden kept interrupting. Tyson said the first few but then it seemed like Aiden was just stalling because he wasn't really saying complete sentences. So Tyson finished the prayer without repeating the last thing Aiden was trying to spit out. Big mistake to upset a super tired almost 4 year old! Aiden started throwing a fit and cried "DAD! I was trying to tell you something!" I kept trying to tell Aiden that he could say extra things in his own prayer but he wouldn't listen. Finally I just gave up and insisted that he just lie down and go to bed if he wasn't going to stop crying and use a normal voice and say his own prayers.
In a huff (literally), and still on his knees, he threw his arms around his chest and thrust his head down onto the pillow and started a prayer in his most angry voice. He actually said (yelled) a very charming and thoughtful prayer. He included Allyse on her mission, the kids to be safe driving home, the fun times in the day, etc. He stayed mad the whole time (probably to make a point - he's stubborn like that) and occasionally would lift up just enough to flail his arms out and whomp them back down on the pillow. I'm pretty sure that's what he did as he blessed Allyse and I had to turn away and pinch my lips together and hope he didn't notice me shaking from silent laughter. Tyson did the same thing. (Yes sometime I open my eyes during Aiden's prayers haha). After the prayer everything was fine and he was ok to go to bed. Oh and the thing he wanted Tyson to say was "please bless that Grandpa can make my sausage and eggies for breakfast tomorrow." Haha! Gotta love this stubborn and hilarious kid!
February Fun
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment