Friday, July 26, 2013

5 Year Anniversary Cruise: Day 2 - At Sea

Tuesday was the day of sailing so we were at sea all day and just did activities on the ship. Sadly, I don't know where we stashed our notebook with all the stories and activities for the day. I knew I was behind on the blog and it would take me a long time to catch up so I was smart enough to bring a notebook so we could write all the little things we wanted to remember. It doesn't do much good if it's hiding from me though! :( I know we spent part of the day down at the pool and hot tubs and just relaxed a lot. We also did some exploring and went to a couple shows I think. We went to the main lobby to look at all the excursions and decide which ones we definitely wanted to do and to book through the cruise ship instead of ones we'd be ok with risking to potentially find a better prices through people on the shore.
One of our cute lunch treats...an ice-cream swan.
That evening was the formal night and it was so fun to dress up together since we haven't really done anything like that since we got married. We showered and got ready in the early afternoon so we could take advantage of all the fun picture booths. We knew we'd probably only splurge to buy one but it was fun for us to pose at all of them like we were having engagements taken again or something. We loved posing together as a couple but sometimes they'd have us pose by ourselves which could be pretty awkward, especially with all the people walking by and watching. It was funny to see how differently the photographers would pose us. They were from all over the world and it was very obvious that their photography training was VERY different. Some of the poses were great and some were just ridiculous haha!
It was fun that the cruise ship had Christmas decorations all over.
Snapping a few more pictures while we waited for dinner.
I had borrowed a dress from Wendy's roommate Autumn and it fit me perfectly. Tyson had the perfect shirt and tie combination to go with it so we looked pretty great together if I do say so myself. (Tyson's tie looks WAY brighter in this picture than it really was. It was actually the perfect shade for my dress.)
We decided to join some other couples for dinner on this night since the line was so long and we wanted to make it to a magic show later that night. It was fun to get to know people and their stories and then be able to recognize them on the ship through the week.
Since we obviously hadn't posed enough already that night we decided to be goofballs and take a few of our own in our cabin mirror. Haha we're such dorks!
Really though I love that yellow/blue combination!
Since the pictures were so expensive Tyson decided to be sneaky during a couple of the pictures I was posing by myself.
One of our "traditions" during the week was to get an ice-cream cone (or two) (or more) every night and wander around the ship. It was perfect weather and so beautiful out on the water. The stars were so clear, the breeze was a great temperature, the water was shining, and the moon looked incredible reflecting over the ocean. We loved it.
I sure married a handsome guy!
After lots of narrowing down, we decided this was our favorite picture and we actually bought it to bring home and frame.
The cutest little elephant I've ever seen. I really couldn't get enough of these cute little guys!
After dinner we went to an up close magic show in the little library. There were probably only 10-15 people there and it was AMAZING!! Jack and April were there too so that was fun to see them dressed up. The magician was so awesome. I could not wrap my head around some of his tricks. It was fun to be in such a small group because he used us all to help with his magic and that made it even more amazing. One of the tricks I helped with went like this: he had chosen 4 random books from the library (and even if they weren't random the trick still would have been crazy). He told me to choose one of the four books. Then he told me to flip to a random page. I didn't show him. He said to look at the second word in the fifth to last line or something random like that. Then he told me to close the book and just look at him while I thought the word over and over. He wrote something on a paper then turned it around for me to see and asked if it was my word. It wasn't. It wasn't even a word. That was part of the fun though because he kept acting like he had messed up and then he'd laugh and fix it in some way that was even more amazing than what we were expecting. With my trick he suddenly turned all the characters into numbers. Then he handed a dictionary to another girl in the room. He told her that the first two numbers were the page she should turn to, the second set of numbers was the column, and the third set was the line. And tada! There was the word in my mind!! CRAZY!!
A trick that Tyson helped with went like this: The magician showed us a little bag that had something in it and put it in the table across the room. He didn't touch it until the end. Then he picked Tyson (a good choice for this one because Tyson played along so well) to help him. He handed Tyson an invisible box of cards and told him to open it up. Tyson was great and made sure to open the little side flaps as well as the main tucked in flap etc. Then he was told to look at the back of the cards and tell us if they were red or blue since those are the two main colors of cards. He said they were blue. Then he had to shuffle through the cards (he did great with this too and even pretended to drop one) and choose one card from the deck. It was the queen of hearts. The funny magician totally made fun of him for that "creative" choice haha. After Tyson put the invisible cards back in the invisible box and handed them back to the magician, our attention was turned back to the little bag that was on the table. The magician opened the bag and pulled out a box of cards. He opened the box and had Tyson repeat that his invisible cards were blue. Oh a mistake...the magician's cards were red. Again, he acted funny about it but moved on to find the queen of hearts. When he found it and pulled it out it was the only card in the whole deck with a blue back! Crazy again!!
He did all sorts of crazy tricks. I could have watched him all day and not gotten bored. He showed us a really simple trick as an example of diverting attention from what was happening, but even as he was showing us, he pulled another trick. It was great! Then he did the entire thing all in very slow motion and talked us through the whole thing so we saw every movement. It was amazing to see how such a simple trick could fool us and then compare that to what complex sleight of hand stuff he must have pulled for the bigger tricks. I wish I had brought the camera with us so we could have had a picture with him. Actually, I wish I could have had the video camera to record the entire thing! I wrote more magic tricks in our notebook so hopefully I'll find it soon and can update this post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment