Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Getting messy

Thanks to my new addiction, Pinterest, I found a recipe for finger paint and decided to try it out with Aiden. Luckily I was smart enough to spread out some paper to protect the table. It lasted for a while...
It started out as a pretty controlled finger painting session. Lines on the paper, minimal mess.
Then Aiden discovered it was fun to try to dump everything out all over creation.
Then he realized how awesome it was that when he dunked his whole hand in the  tub and tried to pull it out  it would get stuck for a minute and slowly make a suction-y noise while it dropped.
Then he discovered the tubs could be stacked which also made the funny suction noise.
Then he thought he'd try it out as a hair gel. I totally resisted the urge to tell him to stop. It was nothing a little bath  couldn't take care of...
Then he tried to convince me he's seen the movie Grease.
And after an afternoon of finger painting (not so much on the paper of course)  this was the end result. Aiden loved it and I really did too. I made sure to get my fingers plenty dirty and it really was kinda awesome! We'll have to add this to our list of fun activities.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! His hair! I am in for a treat with a little boy. Cute pictures Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He might have even been IN Grease. :D He's such a stud. Also - which recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you just took pictures and let him have fun making a mess! What a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I can NOT stop laughing! That's funny that you did this last week, cause we just did this today! Lucy didn't get so crazy with it, but I almost wish she had. These pictures were hilarious :) Ah, I love your little guy!

    ReplyDelete