Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PARTAY!!

A couple days before New Years we had an awesome sleepover with 13 kids at our house and no other adults! We can admit that it was partly to ensure our spot as coolest aunt and uncle (haha), but it also was because we LOVE these kids and LOVE having people stay at our house to play with us and keep us company. We also invited all the parents and sibling that didn't want to sleepover (some of teenagers might not think we're as cool as the little kids do hehe) to come over for dinner. It was so much fun having our house packed full of people. The only downside was that the meat I was making didn't turn out like it was supposed to and it wasn't done when everyone got here. It stressed me out and made me grumpy. :( But then I got over it and it was still fun. :)
After all the adults left we spent the night playing games and the Wii. I think the kids had a blast and even though it was tiring, so did we!

The next morning, after a delicious pancake breakfast (I think I made 30-40 pancakes!) we bundled up in snow clothes and headed out for more fun in the cold. Tyson and I planned to put the kids to work to help us build a giant slide with ALL the snow from our entire backyard. Sadly, the snow was too old and icy to do much of anything so we gave up and headed to the park instead.
Aiden got tired of walking with all those clothes bundled around him so his kind loving cousins scooped him up in the sled and carried him the rest of the way. Talk about royal treatment!
How cute is that little snowsuit?



Aiden loved going down the slides. After a few turns with us we let him go by himself which was even better. We piled up a bunch of snow at the bottom of the slide so he could just glide to the ground instead of falling off onto his bum...like I so gracefully did in the video. Hey it's hard to bend in thick snow clothes! :p
Time to go! It was so sad and empty at our house once everyone left. I guess that just means we'll have to do it again! :)

4 comments:

  1. I want an Uncle Tyson and Aunt Gina! :)
    What an awesome way to make memories and build family ties! You should have a UTAG event every year!
    Love, Grandma P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boy is growing up so much and is so handsome! What a fun play day in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for creating a fun place that our children want to come to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, I need your phone number and address! Everything got deleted from my phone and I wanted to invite you to my baby shower! If you have Jenns number let me know too!

    ReplyDelete