I can't believe I haven't written about our new calling to be nursery leaders yet! With a primary of about 200 and three nurseries with at least 15 in each, we pretty much knew that's where we'd be placed as soon as they got to our names on the Bishop's whiteboard. :)
So we have the 3 year old class and it is so perfect and so fun. Aiden gets to come to nursery a few months early (which is so incredibly helpful) and since it's the oldest class, they can understand that he's little enough that they have to be careful around him. He loves being able to wander free and play with the toys. Another perk of having the 3 yr olds is that they are mostly all potty trained so we don't have to worry about tracking down their parents very often. We even have a teensy weensy little toilet in our classroom.
These kids are hilarious. Our first week in nursery, as we were eating snacks, Tyson kept talking to the kids about what they were eating (chocolate puff and marshmallow cereal). He would hold up a marshmallow and say something like "I have a heart, what do you have?" One time, he held up what he thought was a moon, commented, and was immediately shot down by a girl clear at the other end of the table (15 kids down) who we had no idea was even listening. "That's not a moon, it's a shooting star!!" She said it with such attitude I nearly choked on my food. Oh snap! I wish I could have had a recording of it. I would listen to Tyson getting smacked down over and over. It was hilarious and the look on his face was priceless!
Another week, Aiden was sick so Tyson stayed out of nursery with him. Another darling little girl in the class came up to me at the beginning and shyly said "where is...where is..." so I filled in the blank "Brother Whiting?" "Yeah, where is Brother Whiting?" She was so sweet to miss him and ask about him even though she couldn't remember his name yet.
And just this Monday, we heard a knock on the door and found the family of another little girl with her in the front. She had cookies for us with this note:
They had done their FHE lesson on gratitude so each child got to choose someone to take a bag of cookies to. This little sweetie choose us. How sweet is that?
So anyway, we LOOOVE our new calling and we won't mind being there for quite a while.
February Fun
2 years ago
Working in the nursery is the best!
ReplyDelete