Friday, September 10, 2010

Aiden turns ONE!!

Aiden's first birthday was on August 5th. We were at the Whiting reunion so every single one of his Whiting (and Eldredge) cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, and grandpa were able to celebrate with him. It was also his Aunt Stacia's birthday so we had chocolate cake for dessert and cake balls shaped like cupcakes later that night (after Aiden was asleep haha).
Aiden enjoyed having a piece all to himself.
Here is a video of Aiden opening his very first present from his cute cousins Nate, Brigham, Tommy, and Ben.

He loved (and still loves) playing with it...stretching it's legs, biting it's head, etc. Thanks boys!
Mommy and her big boy.Daddy and his one year old.When we got home from the reunion we had a real party for Aiden. I guess I'm a bad mom for not planning it months and months in advance, but I didn't want to stress about it and spend way too much money. It was still so fun. Tuesday afternoon, Aiden and I went to lunch with Grandpa Peterson since he was working in American Fork that day. Then we went shopping for presents because Tyson and I had forgotten to order the presents we picked online before we left for the reunion. Oops. Oh well. There's always Christmas! Next we rushed to Aiden's one year doctor's appointment. When we got home we blew up balloons and baked and frosted cakes. One for the party guests and one for the man of the hour to dig into! Aiden's cousins and aunt who live across the freeway from us came over along with my family. Small, simple, and fun.
We took everything outside so I wouldn't have to clean up as much after the cake smashing. It was a smart idea. Aiden opened his presents first. I'm sure everyone thinks we got him weird gifts, but really, what do you get for a boy who has everything? (Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa) So we just have been paying attention to the little things around the house he likes and got him his own of everything.
His very own electric toothbrush. He knew exactly what to do with it. Books for church from Grandma and Grandpa. He also knew what to do with those! Sunglasses and a swimming pool from Aunt Wendy. He wasn't so keen to keep those on his head...we're still working on it. He loooves the pool though! The oddest one year old present but we know how much he loves the ones at Grandma and Grandpa's house...wind chimes! Party guests
After many other presents, it was time for birthday cake and ice-cream! I was so excited to see how Aiden would react to his cake and he didn't disappoint! See for yourself. :)

Ok so I can't get the video to upload. :( I'll try again later in another post maybe. Needless to say though, it was hilarious! As we brought the cake to Aiden, it was obvious that he got super excited to have it in front of him (he was kicking his legs and waving his arms like crazy) but I also could tell he just wasn't sure he had permission to really dig into it (what a good boy). He just sat there looking at it and making noises while kicking and waving. When he finally decided to touch it I thought he'd go to town. Apparently he doesn't like sticky frosting on his fingers though. We all laughed our heads off when he dug right in with his mouth and refused to use his fingers anymore. He's so silly!
And he just kept going!I guess with some ice-cream on top it was ok to touch.Happy sugar-high boy. I'm glad we took him outside and took his clothes off. He still ate lots more cake, but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the end product. I think it's in a different video though so that's better than nothing.Sadly the pictures are all low quality because of our swimming camera incident at the lake so we had to use the video camera for pictures. Again though, something is better than nothing! It was such a fun night full of love and laughter. I'm glad I didn't spend a bazillion dollars for fancy food and decorations and that we didn't have a million strange people come over. I don't think Aiden would have liked that very much.

1 comment:

  1. How can your baby possibly be ONE? I can't believe it. He sure is a CUTE one year old, Gina. And you and Tyson are awesome parents. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete