Can you spot us?
This year it was at Cascade Lake in Idaho. I had no idea what to expect since it was obviously our first time camping with a baby, and even though it was hard, overall it was pretty dang fun.
Aiden thinks he's so big.
A few of my cute nieces...and great babysitters.
When we finally arrived at camp, we said hi to everyone, checked out the campsite, passed Aiden around (I hardly held him at all throughout the weekend thanks to his 29 cousins!), walked down to the lake, and set up camp.
Handsome nephews. See the dark part in the bottom of the pail? It's ALL tiny little frogs. They caught hundreds during the week.
When everyone was ready we enjoyed a delicious dinner together. The chicken was so so yummy so after it was apparent everyone had had their fill, Tyson and I went over to see if there were any extras (oink oink). Tyson put the last piece of chicken on my plate, to which his older brother Cory responed, "Gosh Gina are you pregnant or something?" I jokingly said, "well sometimes I sure eat like I am." So then Cory turned around and announced to all 50 family memebers "hey everyone did you hear that? Gina just announced she's pregnant! She did! She just told me right now!" Thanks Cory. :p Anyway, there were a couple other times that the whole "Gina's pregnant" thing came up so I'm here to tell anyone who believes that rumor that it's NOT true! Haha.
More nieces...the ones who made bear traps out of huckleberries and marshmallows.
When everyone was ready we enjoyed a delicious dinner together. The chicken was so so yummy so after it was apparent everyone had had their fill, Tyson and I went over to see if there were any extras (oink oink). Tyson put the last piece of chicken on my plate, to which his older brother Cory responed, "Gosh Gina are you pregnant or something?" I jokingly said, "well sometimes I sure eat like I am." So then Cory turned around and announced to all 50 family memebers "hey everyone did you hear that? Gina just announced she's pregnant! She did! She just told me right now!" Thanks Cory. :p Anyway, there were a couple other times that the whole "Gina's pregnant" thing came up so I'm here to tell anyone who believes that rumor that it's NOT true! Haha.More nieces...the ones who made bear traps out of huckleberries and marshmallows.
My worries that Aiden wouldn't sleep well were confirmed Thursday night when he refused to go to sleep in the tent by himself. We finally decided to just give in and let him stay up with all the adults or cuddle with someone until he fell asleep. We took him to bed with us at midnight. :) A rainstorm woke him up in the night so I just pulled him out of his crib and let him share my sleeping bag with me. Thursday was also Aiden's birthday but I'll write a whole post about that later.We got to finally meet our adorable new nephew, Taygen. He's the first one to be born into my family unlike the other 28 I "inherited". :)
He looks so grown up with his jeans and tiny tennis shoes.
Beautiful Lake Cascade and the fun rope swing.
Sunday we went to church with Mom and Dad, then had dinner and went to see Brett and Jenn's house. It also made us jealous. Aiden wasn't thrilled to go back in the car seat, but luckily he fell asleep fast enough and slept all the way home.
It was such a fun weekend and wonderful to see the whole family, but it was definitely nice to be back to our own little quiet house.
Here are a few more miscellaneous pictures.
I dunno if he's giving a sermon or what...
I'm glad that you were able to rescue your photos off the ruined memory card! It looks like you got some good ones of Aiden and his cousins!
ReplyDeleteCamping isn't my favorite, but that looked fun! its always so fun to have family gatherings.
ReplyDeleteUnlike the Barratt family, camping IS my favorite. I would go every weekend if I could. This year, since I was on partial bedrest and had all those funerals going on, we only camped in our backyard a few times and at Girls Camp. I SO wish we could have camped more!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your camping trip was AWESOME, especially being surrounded by Tyson's amazing family. I love them all...even Cory who makes false accusations and then announces it to everyone else. lol I bet they had fun teasing you about that, Gina!