Monday, January 28, 2013

Tyson's big 3-0 birthday

Since Tyson turned THIRTY this year I thought I would throw a big surprise party and have it all themed and fun. Luckily I hadn't really started planning anything yet because Tyson told me he wanted to keep it really simple and just have family over for cake and ice-cream. He didn't even want people to bring presents. I disobeyed on that part though and told everyone that they could bring sour patch kids or some other sour candy or beef jerky since those are Tyson's two favorite treats and we rarely buy them! He received quite a nice supply!
The yard was beautiful and it was perfect weather to have everyone hang out in the backyard.
I forgot to buy more candles after Aiden's birthday (oops) so Tyson got to blow out one of the tiki torches instead haha.
We had fun tiki torches all around the yard and it created a fun ambiance for celebrating!
Lara, Steve, and Emily
Dallin, Tyson, Ashley, and Katelyn
Trenton, Mandy-Marie, Steve, Emily, and Ashley
Wendy, Paige, and Nate
Trevor and Aiden
Aiden and the kids jumping on the trampoline.
Playing steamroller I guess?
Another birthday family picture.
Aiden sat right next to Tyson to help open presents.
For Tyson's party I made angel food cake and attempted to make the same peach sauce his mom made in Idaho but I had to change it a little bit. It still turned out good. For Sunday dinner at our house with my family I tried this angel food cake dessert with cream cheese and a strawberry sauce on top. It was yummy too but I would half the cream cheese in the recipe if I do it again.

I'm so grateful to have Tyson in my life. He is a wonderful husband, father, son, son-in-law, brother, uncle, and so many other roles he plays in life. Aiden and I are very lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment