Monday, July 09, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend in Idaho

It was getting close to Memorial day weekend and we realized we hadn't been to Idaho since Christmas! In other words, we were LONG overdue for a trip up! Crandall and Dallin came up with us and then ended up staying for the whole next week too since they were out of school. We had so much fun like always and were sad to go home!
Dalling showing us the cool dried ice and soapy water bubbles.
I love that Brett looks just like the excited kids did!
Behind the counter: Ben, Brigham, Uncle Brett, Dallin, Nate / In front of the counter: Tyson, Aiden, Tommy, Crandall, and Aunt Jenn
Sadly, our Saturday was spent indoors thanks to the giant rain and hail storm. It was still fun but we had hoped to spend the day in the yard helping Dad and getting tan!
It was crazy how much it looked like snow all over the place!
Aiden ADORES these boys. He fits right into their family, two years younger then Ben and follows them around like a shadow. I could have watched Ben and Aiden play all day!
Nate brought several of puzzles so I spent lots of time finishing them with him. I haven't done a puzzle in a long time so it was quite enjoyable!
Crazy boys jumping out of the tree house! This gave me heart failure but since I've heard stories of Tyson's generation I just assumed it was allowed and took a picture. Luckily, Grandma Whiting is actually more "strict" and/or "careful" with her grandkids so she stopped them right after I took this picture.
Aiden jumped on the trampoline just like the big boys and had no fear.
Aiden and Nate having fun swinging.
The weather was good enough on Monday for Tyson and Brett to help dad get a start building his greenhouse.
The little boys immediately realized that all the bars would make a great slide. They weren't very happy when they started disappearing one by one! Tommy and Ben
Ben and Tommy were little climbers and loved posing for their pictures!
Tommy way higher than I could show in the picture.
Tommy has always been my little buddy. We were walking into the house to get something and he randomly said "I love being with you Gina!" Melt my heart!
Aiden and Ben - sidenote: Aiden chose his outfit for the day and wouldn't accept anything but the Cars jammies!
The boys were so cute helping Grandpa drag the branches to the garden to burn.
Once again Aiden thought he was so big to do what everyone else was doing.
"No pictures Mom! I helping Grapa!"
Aiden on the slide
Tyson high above my head pruning the tree.
Tommy and Aiden in the treehouse. Tommy was such a good helper every time Aiden wanted to get up or down.
Six boys in this picture, can you find them all? Aiden climbing the ladder, Brigham up high, Dallin jumping, Ben watching, Crandall in the hammock, and Tommy dropping down on his bum.
Are those monkeys or boys? I wondered several times throughout the day. I guess that's where Aiden gets it. It's in his genes!
All the grandkids are obsessed with Grandma's purses and fake money and it is the funniest and most random thing ever! They play some sort of game with it almost every time we're there. Nate was sharing with Aiden, Tommy, and Ben.
More progress on the greenhouse.
Peek-a-boo! Aiden and Tommy hiding in the hammocks.
The big boys had set minnow traps down at the pond so before we left on Monday night we went to check and see if there was anything there. No luck this time. Tyson, Aiden, Nate, Tommy, Ben, Dallin, and Crandall. Brigham and Brett were there too but already checking the other trap.

As always, our trip was way fun and way too short! We are already trying to figure out when we can go back up. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we'll make it before the reunion in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment