Wednesday, September 14, 2011

California Vacation! Day 2

Day two of our vacation was the temple day. Whenever we travel, we always try to make it to the closest temple to do a session or baptisms. This time it was the gorgeous Newport Beach Temple. Mama, Daddy, Tyson, Nathan, and I did a session while Wendy played with Aiden outside, then we switched and M, D, N, and W did baptisms. It was beautiful weather and wonderful to be able to just spend time outside enjoying the beauty of the temple and surrounding scenery. How can people NOT believe there is a God?
Aiden loved the fountains of course. I will admit that I let him take his shoes off and wade in the shallow straight part - well really Wendy did it first and I thought it was adorable so I let him do it some more.
Tyson made me pose - awkward.
 Later that night we drove down to Balboa Island to check it out. We took the car over on the ferry but got out during the ride so Aiden could see the boats and water. It was a little chilly so we needed jackets but other than that it was a very nice night.
Aiden and Grandma on the ferry.
 
Aiden is a huge fan of carousels. This time Grandpa won the "fight" and got to ride on it with him. Aiden especially loved this one because it went so fast!
The Ferris wheel over the pier. Looks like Wendy didn't want to ride with Nate....
...or Nate didn't want to ride with Wendy....haha (inside joke)

Aiden and Grandpa. Aiden had a blast waving at Grandma on the ground, and at me and Tyson in the next car. Nate and Wendy were on the other side so I'm not sure he could see them.
Tyson also did the trampoline thing where he was hooked to some bungee cords so he could go super high and do flip after flip. I think one time he got in four full back flips before landing. Aiden fell asleep in the car again on the way home and Uncle Nate was more than happy to snatch him up to carry him to bed. Aiden's not so much a tiny, snuggly baby anymore so Nate has to get in all the free snuggles he can!

1 comment: