After our trip to the zoo, we headed to the hotel to check in and drop things off, then up the canyon to a little old restaurant called Ruth's Diner. Apparently it's one of the oldest and best restaurants in Salt Lake. After a yummy dinner we went back to the hotel to check out the pool and go swimming. We ended up only enjoying the hot tub because the pool might as well have been outside because the room was so cold. Lame. The hot tub was nice though. Saturday morning we checked out and went to breakfast at the delicious Red Butte Cafe. Even though Ruth's Diner was yummy, we LOVED Red Butte Cafe way better. Anyway, back up the street to the Red Butte Gardens themselves. We met up with one of Wendy's high school friends who now goes to the U. We mostly enjoyed walking around but also took a few fun pictures.
 |
| Admiring the geese swimming at the pond. |
 |
| Grandpa, Aiden, and Daddy Moose |
 |
| Wendy's face is because Aiden seems to be a hairstylist in the making and he had been showing off his skills in her hair. Lovely huh? |
 |
| There were some huge lizards in the children's section of the garden. Aiden made friends with them fast. |
One funny story from the lizard hill: A little girl who was there with her school class was lying on her belly with her arms out in front of her. Aiden cautiously walked up to her and started stroking the lizard near her hand. Then he moved to her hand and stroked it a little bit. Then her elbow. Then from her elbow to her hand. They were making eye contact the whole time. It was like she was the cutest and softest stuffed animal he'd ever felt. It was precious and hilarious at the same time. What a ladies man.
 |
| Grandma and Aiden sitting under a little tree hut to talk. |
After leaving the gardens, we took Wendy to a track practice in Sandy and then met up with Tyson to go to dinner at Thanksgiving Point. While we were there, Aiden made a new (girl)friend. He's always been pretty forward with girls (walking up to give them hugs or touch their shoulders etc) but he's been shot down enough (as in they don't know what he's doing so they run away - sometimes crying) that he's mellowed down a bit. Or at least he had until he met Sarah. I have to write her name down because I just know they're going to grow up and get married. Aiden noticed how cute she was so he tentatively walked over to her. She noticed how cute he was and immediately walked over and held his hand. All of us about died of cuteness overload. They wandered around the place holding hands for quite a long time. This was the only picture I could sneak so it's really blurry but still so so cute. They both went back and forth between each other and their ice-cream, and one time, Aiden gave her a full hug. She was glad to accept it. I really can't describe how adorable it was. I just wish I could record things in my head and transfer them to the computer. This picture does not do it justice. Like I said...what a ladies man! :)
 |
| Little lovebirds: Sarah and Aiden |
Oh I almost forgot another part of the story. Later in the week, Tyson, Aiden, and I went back for dinner (Tyson is addicted to the super spicy burger they have) and Aiden saw another little girl in pink who was there for a wedding reception. I'm sure he thought it was Sarah because he sprinted right over to her and tried to find her hand buried in her poofy pink dress to hold it. She was with her Grandpa so I explained what Aiden was doing. He laughed and said, "Well that's what we do...we come to Thanksgiving Point and hold hands with girls huh buddy?" Unfortunately, this little girl had a destination in mind so she repeatedly sidestepped his efforts and got away.
No comments:
Post a Comment