Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break in Salt Lake (part 1)

Since Wendy had the week off school and Daddy had most of the week off work, they decided to take a little mini trip to Salt Lake. Aiden and I crashed their party and tagged along. :) Tyson was also able to join us for the evening and the night at the hotel. Thursday morning we loaded up and headed to the zoo. Unfortunately it was FREEZING cold so we had to pack lots more and majorly layer up. Aiden looked so cute wandering around in his snowsuit though and got lots of compliments. The plus side was that there were not many people there with us and Aiden had a clear view of most of the animals.
I love this picture. We had all been watching the cute elephant baby and her mama for a long time when I realized what a cute picture it made.
After seeing the mama and baby, we went to the other enclosure to see the grandma. I don't think I've ever actually been so close to an elephant...even if it was through the glass. Aiden LOVED it and was completely fascinated.

This picture just makes me laugh.


Aiden got to ride on the carousel twice with Aunt Wendy. M and D said they'd have never paid for their kids to do that (it is $2 a ticket) but of course they did it twice for Aiden! I guess we know who is wrapped around their little fingers!! Haha!
A little blurry but good enough to tell that Aiden would wave at us every time he came around.
 
This little guy and Aiden had a conversation and stare down for a long time. Aiden wasn't quite sure what to think of a monkey right up in his face at first, but then he loved it and tried to touch hands through the glass.
AAGGHH a lion got loose and tried to eat my baby!!

A headless peacock...not something you see every trip to the zoo.

I just like Aiden's expression in this one "wait what do you want me to do?"
 

Who knew gift shops were so fun?
AAGGHH a giant snake got loose and tried to eat my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment