Monday, June 01, 2009

Lifesaver

I'm so proud of my Daddy. Saturday night he went on two transports, got home in the middle of the night to sleep only a few hours, and then got called on another one Sunday morning. So the way short story (because I'm not sure if I'll be breaking any rules to tell this) is that the baby needed to be intubated and before Daddy got there, two therapists, three pediatricians, two anesthesiologists, and one obstetrician had all tried doing it. Of course, not only is that eight people but they obviously didn't each just try once. (Yes my heart breaks for the baby.) So Daddy gets there and guess who did it on his first try!? You guessed it. He's the best at what he does and I'm so proud of him!
The best part of it though is that he's so so humble. I guarantee he won't tell a single soul himself. Probably the only reason I know about it is because he told Mama who then told me. I just hope the other therapist on the transport with him will be sure to toot his horn for him all around the hospital the next time she works cause he deserves to be recognized! That baby would have died without his skill. Also, I think the reason his prayers worked in his favor was because he was praying he could successfully do it to save the baby. The others standing around watching were praying he wouldn't be able to do it (not thinking of the baby's life) so their pride wouldn't be hurt even more than it already was from failing so many times. Good job Daddy! And thanks for being a good example to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment