This Mother's Day was, of course, a fun and special one to me since now I am technically considered a mother. This didn't really occur to me until Sunday when people at church started making a point to wish me Happy Mother's Day but I absolutely loved it! Tyson and I were in Orem and Grandma was over for Sunday dinner so all three of us moms got to open our presents around the dinner table before we ate. Mama and Daddy gave me a cute card that said:
"Some Advice for the Mother-To-Be:
You can read lots of books, take numerous courses.
Try surfing the net for a lot more resources.
But there's only one fact that you DO need to know...
Most of the job will be learn as you go!
Congratulations and Happy Mother's Day!"
It was very cute and obviously so true. Tyson also surprised me with a card/letter he had sneakily made on the computer sometime when I totally didn't notice. It was so fun to be included in the group of wonderful mothers! I just hope once I ACT as a mother I turn out to be a wonderful one too. I guess only time will tell! So of course I thought that was the extent of Mother's Day, because the day ended.
This morning when I woke up, however, Tyson had apparently had other ideas. When I went to get my bowl of cereal, I found this taped to the cabinet door and blocking my way...

I was so excited to follow the clues because I had NO idea what the end result was going to be and NO idea Tyson had done this for me late last night after work. I was starving though so I ate my cereal first and then put on my thinking cap. The first clue was obvious since the only diaper changing item we have at our apartment right now is wipes. The changing table, diapers, and anything else are at home in Orem. So I went into the bathroom and found the next clue...

Tyson was even so smart to put it in a plastic baggie so it wouldn't get wet. Brilliant!

Tyson HATES milk and milk is what babies drink so that was the obvious answer right? Well one problem...I had just barely used the milk for my cereal and hadn't noticed anything on or around the milk carton. Once again, my smart husband thought ahead and had put it on the bottom for that exact reason!


This third clue could have been a tough one too since we have about 4-5 different calendars/planners in our possession. Since I was in the kitchen though I started with our main calendar and sure enough once I had flipped through a couple more months...



To say the least, I had a very fun morning. Tyson is still sleeping in (keep in mind he doesn't make it into bed earlier than 2 am so he has a good excuse) so instead of being bored out of my mind I got to have a fun Mother's Day adventure. And of course now I have a guaranteed date to Harry Potter! Who wouldn't be excited for that!?
That's very fun. Kudos to Tyson :) and Happy Mother's Day to you
ReplyDelete